The hotel have a strong commitment to reducing the environmental impact of the hotel.
We have recently been awarded a bronze award on our first assessment via the Green Tourism Board.
Following this result we have been advised how we can further reduce the environmental impact the hotel currently has on the environment.
Our in house Green Team work together to introduce new initiatives that reduce our carbon foot print whilst at the same time do not impact on the guest experience.
You will notice small things during your stay that we have introduced, for example:
- One Hand Towel per room
- 2 Pillow cases per bed, an additional two are provided in the wardrobe
- The hotel offers complimentary charging for electric cars following installation of two electric charging stations.
Should any of the above new initiatives not be to your personal satisfaction please do advise as we will supply anything to you upon request.
The above are just a few small ideas that form a very small part of the accreditation. We are also looking at the larger picture where we can reduce our environmental impact on a larger scale.
Since the award we have maintained a green team within the hotel who meet regularly to discuss the hotel grounds, refurbishment works and our overall impact on the environment. Below is a list of the key objectives that we maintain and continually review:
- Electricity, Gas and Water are reviewed weekly and monthly with an aim of reducing all energy used
- Waste – We limit the amount of waste where possible and segregate, plastic, card, glass and general waste
- We review all risk assessments on a quarterly basis to ensure the safety of our guests and employees
- We regularly service all equipment to ensure it is working as efficiently as possible at all times
We are committed to continually reviewing the above objectives to ensure a greener, brighter future for our employees and for you.